Buzz off mosquitoes!
It’s that time of year when we all want to be outdoor soaking up some sun. Unfortunately, pesky mosquitoes are also out in full force during the summer.
We’ve all felt the familiar itch of a mosquito bite before, but mosquitoes can also carry some serious illnesses. While rare in our region, mosquito bites can also cause:
- West Nile virus
- Chikungunya virus
If you notice any of these symptoms, see a doctor.
- Low-grade fever
- Sore throat
- Joint pain
Take these easy steps to help keep you and your family safe from mosquitoes.
- Wear mosquito repellent with DEET whenever you’re outdoors.
- Apply mosquito repellent after you’ve applied sunscreen
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts when outdoors, if possible
- Stay indoors with air conditioning when possible
- Remove standing bodies of water around your home
Need quick medical care for minor injuries or illness? Adventist HealthCare Urgent Care accepts walk-in or online appointments from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
Find more tips from Nurse Rose here: AdventistHealthCare.com/NurseRose.